Saturday, June 18, 2011

Review #1: Ole Henricksen Nurture Me Cream



Cost: $40.00 for 1.7oz at Sephora


Have you ever seen me when I....

wake up
get out of the shower
drink any wine
work at a computer
exist

?

Then chances are, you've seen my red face. The dermatologist doesn't want to assign the R-word (rosacea) but instead likes to hover between eczema and inflammation. No duh, dude. It hurts, it's embarassing, and my face gets puffy for virtually no reason.

Although I have tried a variety of prescription creams, I decided to alter my strategy and try a beauty product. I walked into Sephora and obtained a few samples, one of which was Nurture Me. After using the product for a week, I returned to Sephora and purchased a full-size tub.

From the Sephora website:

Nurture Me
What it is:
A richly textured moisture cream.

What it is formulated to do:
This intensively hydrating formula melts into the skin, erasing the discomfort of a taut, dry complexion. Nature's most precious oils, such as wheat germ and primrose, recondition skin back to a more youthful suppleness, while rose mosquette oil repairs. Dimethicone, a silicone fluid, adds smoothness while vitamins A, C, and K infuse strength and vitality.

Has it changed my life? Not really. But it seems to do a great job at moisturizing - my face isn't anywhere near as dry as it used to be. I've started to wear Nurture Me under my Bare Minerals, but I'm concerned that I'm not getting the benefits of my old high-SPF moisturizer.

My skin is noticeably smoother and less red when I regularly use the product and I actually notice a difference when I do not. I am still somewhat red and bumpy, but I strongly feel that this product is slowly helping my skin to calm down.

Overall grade: B+ (it's expensive but lasts a long time / have noticed improvement but not a holy-cow moment in the short term)

Would I buy it again?
definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment